Friday, January 20, 2012

Happy Halloween!



Although you may be inclined to look over your shoulder and double-check the date on your calendar, please rest assured that it is, in fact, January 2012, and yes - you are seeing Halloween content in the midst of all of these Christmas posts. We were going through our many, many pictures and realized that we never posted pictures of Aaron's Halloween 2011 costume. So here are a few pictures Matt took of our little Sock Monkey during our trip to Boo at the Zoo in Boise. If I remember correctly, Aaron's costume cost about $10 to make. All the fabric was either clearance fabric or remnants. And somehow it all worked out even though I didn't have a pattern to sew by. I simply took one of Aaron's old jumpsuits, turned it inside-out and traced the outline onto my fabric. The hat took me a couple of tries without a pattern, but the end result came out great I think. His Halloween pail was originally an orange jack-o-lantern, but with a little bit of extra fabric and a lot of hot glue, it morphed its way into a Sock Monkey.





2 comments:

  1. wish I could read your post but your font is white so its invisible! cute pics though! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Sorry Michelle - I was just in the midst of changing our whole blog layout (colors and all). After much frustration, I gave up at 1am this morning and decided to finish it after I woke up. It should be all fixed now. =)

    ReplyDelete