Sunday, October 21, 2012

Yo-Ho, Yo-Ho, A Pirate's Life For Me!....at Krispy Kreme....


Not too long ago I found out Krispy Kreme was having national Talk Like A Pirate Day where if you went in to a participating location and said any pirate phrase such as "Arrrrr!" or "Ahoy Matey!" you would be awarded a free glazed donut! Yum! But THEN, come to find out that if you dared to dress in full pirate attire and walk into Krispy Kreme you would get a full dozen glazed donuts. Now, I'm not a huge Krispy Kreme fan, but Matt is quite fond of them. However, having said that, I AM quite fond of free stuff - and if I have to suck up my pride for some free donuts then so be it! Pirate-Suit up! (Sorry - a "How I Met Your Mother" reference)

I figured it would be a fun experience for Aaron too so I decided to take him with me - my mini-pirate. It's funny....although neither of us owned a single piece of "pirate attire" I managed to scrounge up these little numbers:



 Being that it was Aaron's first time at Krispy Kreme, he was so amazed by the donuts on the conveyor belt....although, strangely he kept saying we were at McDonald's (or in Aaron's words: Hic'Donald's)....I swear he gets out more than that:

"Yay! I love Mc'Donald's!" oh...wait....

When we got to the register the cashier said "Looks like we've got a couple of pirates here! So that'll be 2 then?" and took off to the back. Thinking she meant 2 glazed donuts I was perfectly happy since seeing Aaron was having such a good time. However to my amazement she came back with 2 dozen free donuts!


Enjoying some Krispy Kreme!



 And then last, but not least - I finally got him to say....:
"Arrrrrrrrrrr!"

What an awesome day! We'll have to do this again sometime! 

No comments:

Post a Comment