Monday, November 5, 2012

A Milestone Birthday!

I'm getting around to organizing a billion different pictures from lots of different events the past few months. One cool thing to take note of....Matt had his 30th birthday!!

In his eyes he is officially "old." I currently disagree, but when I turn 30 I just may change my mind.

Since it was Matt's birthday I asked him what he wanted to do for the day - and naturally he wanted to take me to a shooting range. Haha!  It was my first time ever shooting a gun so I was a bit nervous, but Matt was great at explaining how to safely handle it. So after the initial shock of the first recoil, it was actually pretty fun!

Loading up:


After working up quite the appetite, we decided to mosey on over to Cheerleaders Sports Bar and Grill where I happened to have a free voucher for an appetizer, two meals, and a dessert. The food was AWESOME....great burgers with the buns made from scratch, and our first taste of a deep-fried Snickers with a huge dollop of their homemade ice cream!..And they had THE BEST french fries and onion rings. It was seriously good!....But we will probably not go back anytime soon (haha - bet you didn't see that coming)....but it is only because it is a bit too expensive for our budget.



And as if we weren't stuffed enough from dinner, we went home to partake in homemade ice cream cake!


This is what happens when you take a picture with a camera phone in already bad lighting...your cake looks like it's on fire....

Matt has his work cut out for him...making a wish isn't as easy as it used to be...
All blown out!


Happy 30th Birthday Matt! We love you!!!

1 comment: